Privacy Statement for OccasionalCar effective Jan 1, 2011
OccasionalCar, LLC has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the company and any web sites on which this statement appears:
We do not sell, trade or otherwise release your personally identifiable information to any unaffiliated third party. Your personally identifiable information will be used in periodically checking your driving record and in processing credit card transactions.
The only cases in which we will collect personally identifiable information from you are:
- If you apply to become a member of our service.
- If you subscribe to one of our mailing lists.
- If you enter one of our periodically run contests which will require contact information so that we can contact you if you've won.
- If you have a question or comment that you would like a response to, and you do not contact us directly. (e.g. you email us and we send a reply)
Third Party Cookies
A third-party cookie is used by a web site different from the one you are currently viewing. These cookies are used to track web page views for tracking the effectiveness of the ads and web page design. They do not contain any personally identifying information about the user.
Though we make every effort to preserve visitor privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web sites.
Customer Sign Up Page allows interested visitors to sign up for our car sharing service. Upon initial sign up, the following information is collected: Name, Address, Phone, driver's license number, credit card number and E-mail. Upon acceptance, members can log into their account with a designated user name and password and are able to change or update their contact or financial information on file.
This site contains links to other web sites. OccasionalCar is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
This web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. No party outside of our staff and our customers has access to any of the information collected on our site. All personally identifiable information that is collected is kept in a secure location, and is not accessible by anyone other than our staff.
This site gives visitors the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications, or to no longer receive our service.
This site gives visitors the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided. To change or modify personal information visitors can:
- Log into your account and make the changes yourself.
Because this web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed for compliance. In addition to this review, this web site has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identification is collected from you through the web site
- The organization collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under OccasionalCar, LLC's control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with OccasionalCar, you can contact:
27902 Meadow Drive, Suite 375
OccasionalCar reserves the right to change this privacy statement by posting prominent notice and revisions on the web sites affected. If, however, we are going to use visitors’ personally identifiable information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify visitors by posting a notice on the web sites affected for 30 days.